2013 Triathlon Canada World Championships Teams
Thank you for your interest in representing Canada on one of Triathlon Canada’s World Championship teams.
Triathlon Canada offers athletes of all ages the chance to compete at the international level in the Triathlon and Duathlon World Championships. You can experience the challenge of being a part of the nation’s best age group team and have the opportunity to represent Canada and compete in the International Triathlon Union’s (ITU) World Championships. For some, just completing the race is a thrill of a lifetime. For others, it’s about getting back on the podium or bettering your time from previous years. Whatever drives you, everyone will agree that it doesn’t get better than representing your country in the biggest event of the year on the international stage.
Here's how to apply for an Age Group Spot:
1. Make sure that you are a member in good standing of your Provincial Triathlon Association prior to your qualifying race. Click HERE to find your Provincial Triathlon Association
2. Race at one of the listed qualifying events in 2012 (Qualifying Events) and finish in the appropriate placing. Races, for example, that indicate “1 spot per age group category” means you would have to place 1st in your age group category. Age groups are in 5 year increments with the exception of the 18-19 age group (20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39 ….)
3. Note! Because you are qualifying for an event in 2013, your qualification age group is based on your age as of December 31, 2013. All results are therefore age adjusted to reflect your age as of December 31, 2013. Should this mean you will be moving up an age group your application will be evaluated based on the adjusted age group results.
4. If you completed the qualifying race in the appropriate placing* go to http://www.triathloncanada.com/ and register for your spot on the 2013 team by completing the on-line registration within the following timelines.
*Didn’t finish in the appropriate place?! Don’t worry! There is a good possibility you can still get a spot on the team! Go on-line and complete the registration process to let Triathlon Canada know you are interested in being part of the 2013 Age Group Triathlon World Championship Team. If the spot you’re vying for does not get “claimed” – the spot is offered to next athlete who is interested. This is known as “Roll-Down”.
Registration Timeline & Fees
A) Apply One Week after your qualifying race: Team Fee $150, Uniform Fee $275. Strongly Recommended!
B) Apply by September 30th, 2012: Team Fee $175, Uniform Fee $275. (Should the qualifying spot remain available)
C) DEADLINE! By the First Business Day of 2013: Team fee $200, Uniform Fee $275. (Should the qualifying spot remain available) After this date, you can no longer apply for spot using a qualifying event – only Special Applications or Charity Spot Applications will be accepted. For more details, visit http://www.triathloncanada.com/, under “How to Qualify” in the Age Group Teams section.
5. All applicants will be notified, within 3 weeks of their qualifying race, of their acceptance on the team.
Please note that to process your application you must pay the Team Fee and the Uniform Fee. You will also be required to approve a race fee of up to $400. The race fee will not be charge until the race fees are announced in 2013. Should your application be denied you will receive a refund of 100% of the fees. Once you have been accepted on the team your Team Fee becomes non-refundable. Team memberships are not transferable to subsequent years.
For more information, see Age Group World Championships Guidebook
—Kirsten Sweetland hits WTS start line for first time in two years, finishing 17th—